A New Logo & Identity For Visco Roofing Ltd
Visco Roofing Ltd is a roofing company that specialises in waterproof roofing solutions which is their main area of expertise and deal with larger contract work as opposed to private individuals. They are a major distributor of the Firestone RubberGard™ EPDM and firestone rubber cover EPDM flat roof system and offer their vast range of products to a large network of merchants and private contractors.
Important information points gathered from the Logo design meeting and brief
- Specialises and offers a flat waterproofing roof solution using the Firestone rubber cover EPDM
- They work on bigger contracts/tenders only for installation services using Firestone RubberGard™ EPDM, They don’t deal with residential or private work.
- EPDM rubber (ethylene propylene diene monomer rubber) is a type of synthetic rubber used in many applications.
- They use Firestone building products such as Firestone RubberGard™ EPDM and firestone rubber cover EPDM flat roof system
- The target market includes independent flat roofers, DIY enthusiasts, and roofing merchants
- The main focus and message to convey for the logo/identity is flat waterproof roofing – Keywords – Water Droplets, Waterproofing, Flat Roofing, Rubber Roll.
- The logo will be used on work clothing including safety wear such as Hi-Vis Vests, Hard Hats, and T-Shirts and caps for casual wear such as trade counter staff, and trade shows. Stationary eg- letterheads, business cards, etc. Vehicle livery
Goals Outlined For The Project
From the information collated from the brief, I formed a goal-orientated list that we discussed with the client and agreed upon before conducting more research and moving on to the ideation stage to start forming initial concepts for the logo.
To outline the goals set for the project so we were both in the same direction moving forward.
- The elements to include in the logo should represent and resemble a waterproof, rubber roll roof solution.
- The brand colours are light blue, grey, black, white.
- Minimal simplistic design preferred that is unique and memorable and appeals to both corporate and private customers.
- Professional but fun at the same time.
- Works well in both black and white
- Includes the wording “Visco Roofing Ltd”
Designing a Logo For a Specialist Waterproof Roofing Company – Research & Concepts
Having the goals approved by the client and conducting as much research as possible to learn about the company and the products they use it was time to move on to the ideation stage and start developing concepts.
From the goals outlined for the project, I envisioned a concept that included both the waterproof rubber cover roll and a water droplet. I played around with some rough sketches in the sketchbook to arrive at the final solution which I did a refined sketch for.
Along with the custom icon, a custom typeface was also designed so it was unique to the identity and brand as a whole.
The logo design needed to be unique and identifiable ensuring the company had the best opportunity to shine in their industry and continue to thrive and grow moving forward. I needed to find the perfect logo design solution. The project was both challenging and exciting at the same time.
The Final Logo Design – What We Accomplished
We were very please with the final outcome as it covered the goals outlined to be a combination of a meaningful representation but also a memorable identity. This will allow the brand to standout and be uniquely identifiable in the marketplace and differentiate from other companies in the waterproof roofing solutions sector.
The logo design works very well in both black and white and in the brand’s colours, and against virtually any colour it is paired with.
Andrew not only listens, but he delivers! We are very impressed with what he has done for us and we will continue to work with him for future projects.
– Visco Roofing Ltd