Today people live in amazing times. Through development and innovation, life becomes easier at all levels. Education can be called one area that is receiving a lot of attention. Just think, now people can study at a college or university in another country without leaving their cities. In this article we share 7 Top New Technologies to Make Your Learning Effective.
Technology is one of the reasons for changes. It affects all sectors, from health care to entertainment. As a consequence, jobs and skill requirements are changing faster than people or organizations can adapt. Educational institutions remain the primary training ground for the new workforce. As a result, they adapt and incorporate new technologies into education.
Students don’t have to rely on an institution to reap the benefits of effective learning through new technology. Sometimes, the things people are looking for are very close to them. Technological advances with the help of various EssayService reviews allow students to save time or save grades. But the wonders don’t end there!
The introduction of some technologies depends on educational institutions. But students who want to make their learning effective can find ways to use them now. This top is a dedication to those who are interested in how learning can become more effective with technology touch.
Virtual reality is most often associated with the entertainment industry (games and interactive films). But let’s remember the main features of virtual reality:
- full immersion in the demonstrated event;
- the ability to influence virtual reality and change it;
- constant concentration on events;
- complete isolation from extraneous factors.
This is a complete set of things that contribute to effective learning. So far, educational institutions have not yet mass-equipped virtual reality. But some medical universities use this technology to practice surgeries.
Essential virtual reality devices are becoming cheap and affordable. Thus, a person can organize their process of education, communication training, as well as responding to situations training.
2. Resources for improving writing skills
Previously, students could only rely on books to be confident in their literacy and writing skills. Now, the development of the Internet and IT technologies creates many useful online writing resources, thanks to which students can check their essays.
The advantages of such sites:
- generally, they are free; paid ones differ in only a few options, without which a student can live;
- easy to remember rules;
- major student mistakes are corrected in the future;
- the readability of the text is improving;
- increased concentration and motivation (in the case of the Write or Die platform).
3. 3D Printing
The advantage of 3D technologies is their versatility. They can be used at different educational stages, in groups, and individually. 3D technologies are a great opportunity to study the material visually (for example, print a 3D model of any place in the world to study geography).
There are several advantages of 3D printing for effective learning:
- teaching science and technology (for example, creating mini-versions of objects with which a person will work in the future);
- development of imagination;
- involvement of students with concentration problems in learning;
- improving social skills (if 3D printing is used in the classroom);
- improvement of purposefulness.
If one doesn’t think about it, they might be surprised at the variety of useful applications that will come in handy for anyone looking to improve their learning. Created by students and former students, educational apps will help an individual make their learning more effective.
Is the student procrastinated? Want to improve writing skills and essay structure? Confused about how to better handle time? Modern technology offers applications for every situation.
5. Social Media
Social media is considered the scourge of education. It is one big distraction and procrastination factor. Of course, this problem exists, and one cannot turn a blind eye to it. In this case, Internet education and the ability to allocate your time and priorities will help.
Aside from the problematic aspects of social media, this new technology product can be incredibly successful in helping students at various stages:
- group projects become easier to do;
- teachers and professors can organize seminars and conferences;
- before sending an application letter, a person can talk with a university and/or faculty-student to find out what to prepare for;
- one can exchange ideas and participate in many competitions from different universities (if there is such an option).
Along with resources for improving writing skills and applications for effective learning, another product of modern technology and the Internet is also worth mentioning. These are special educational websites that will improve or simplify the academic life of many students.
Among the websites it is worth highlighting:
- Educational platforms like Khan Academy. Many volunteers are continually adding courses in various fields of education. These study materials are also translated into different languages to help students from different countries.
- Game platforms to improve cognitive skills. By playing, a person can combine business with pleasure and try games that positively affect the necessary skills.
- How-to websites for helpful instructions. The student can learn how to write different types of essays, how to write a research paper, how to improve storytelling, and find much more “how to.”
- Websites that help people learn foreign languages. Usually, the material is presented here in a simplified form and is accompanied by game elements of the game for a better perception of new information.
Modern technologies give people many games. Passion for games allows people to bring variety to the educational process and make it more effective. This is how gamification and the introduction of gaming techniques into non-gaming processes appear.
Gamification delivers structured information that is highly “digestible.” It creates a positive atmosphere in which it is comfortable to learn and to be fully involved in the process. Also, when gamification is targeted at a group of students, it creates a healthy competitive spirit and brings the team together.
Games are not just about fun. It is still a healthy and high-quality education.
Join The Logo Community
We hope these 7 Top New Technologies to Make Your Learning Effective have been helpful.
If you would like more personal tips, advice, insights, and access to our community threads and other goodies, join us in our community.
Learn from our Founder Andrew who personally writes our community newsletter. You can also comment directly on posts and have a discussion.
*TIP – We recommend Blinkist. Blinkist brings you knowledge from top nonfiction and podcasts, so you can learn anytime, anywhere. Fit learning into your life!