Cloud migration is the process of moving the necessary data and various business elements and programs to a special cloud. Today, more and more people are starting to use such migrations in their business. The question is What Workloads Are You Able to Migrate to the Cloud?
The types of cloud migrations can be different. For example, moving from a local center where data is processed to a public one. Also, migration can occur from the platform or cloud providers to other cloud platforms. And the last type is when data is moved from the cloud to a specific non-cloud platform.
If you need help with such migrations, it is best to contact Unicsoft – a cloud consulting company.
The topic of migrating to the cloud is at the center of the attention of CIOs today. In essence, to effectively support business growth and diversification paths, digital transformation is needed, which is not limited to simply using the most modern technologies such as the Internet of things, big data, or artificial intelligence, but based on the search for better operational efficiency, cost reduction, greater flexibility, and flexibility. to change.
This dynamic, which has been observed for many years, has accelerated significantly during the pandemic. According to some reports, the Cloud has proven to be the best ally to quickly and effectively respond to the situation of extreme vulnerability that the pandemic has exposed to the entire economic and social system.
The result was a 21 percent market growth that exceeded $3.34 billion. It was primarily the application component, SaaS (Software as a Service grew 46%), that drove this momentum, with a boom in all categories that allowed companies to continue operating during the emergency phase: from collaboration services, document management to B2c portals. , electronic commerce.
Infrastructure migration has also accelerated significantly. This is a mandatory step: the question is no longer “whether to do it”, but only “when to do it”.
It is interesting to note that among the large companies that are in the lead, the transition to Public or Private Cloud solutions continues: 11% no longer have their own data center.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Computing?
There are several metrics that, taken together, help companies understand the current and future needs of business entities and the most useful technology services to best support them, thereby accurately assessing the potential ROI of a cloud migration project.
Here are the main benefits to consider when evaluating the option of migrating all or some of your workloads to the cloud using the infrastructure of a public cloud provider:
- Promoting innovation and decision making
- The cloud significantly reduces the cost of implementing and dismantling infrastructures compared to local solutions. In addition, the cloud allows you to reduce the time of decision-making and concrete implementation of ideas into new products and services.
- Faster provision of resources
- Resources required to support new projects can be available within hours instead of weeks as is the case with traditional data centers (on-premises).
- Certain costs and margin increase
- The certainty of infrastructure costs and their reduction allows companies to direct the resulting savings to activities that are more functional for the core business, such as the development of new proposals.
- Dynamic use of IT capacity
- Cloud services are designed to be granular to meet the exact needs of end users without redundancy and loss. Users will be able to select, configure and run infrastructures, platforms, and applications that are truly “tailored” to the needs of their business/unit.
- Regulatory Compliance
- The cloud enables organizations to comply with data protection regulations (GDPR), business continuity (Business Continuity), and green IT.
- Access to specialized skills and innovative IT solutions
Cloud computing is very convenient and safe. And most importantly, most business processes are immediately automated. Therefore, if you have not yet implemented such technology, then this time has come. If you need help with the cloud, then feel free to contact https://unicsoft.com/artificial-intelligence-development-services/.
Join The Logo Community
We hope you enjoyed this article about What Workloads Are You Able to Migrate to the Cloud? If you would like more personal tips, advice, insights, and access to our community threads and other goodies, join me in our community.
You can comment directly on the posts and have a discussion with Andrew, the Founder of The Logo Creative.
*TIP – We recommend Skillshare to learn online. There are tons of classes for everything including graphic design, web design, marketing, branding and business-related courses. Get a free trial with our link and you won’t regret it Trust us!