In this article we share 15+ Indispensable Tools & Resources Every Web Designer and Agency Should Explore in 2023.
You’ve visited hundreds if not thousands of websites and now that you are about to design your own you’ve learned a few things from your first impressions. They either caused you to want to find out more what a given site had to offer, appeared to of being so-so, somewhat boring, or turned you off completely.
The tools and resources for web designers presented here should help to keep your visitors from having a less than enchanting experience. They can go a long way toward helping you create designs that are captivating.
This listing should save you the trouble of having to devote hours and hours of search time for tools and web design resources you really need to have. It should also serve to change certain aspects of your creative thinking and enable you to pump out work more quickly and efficiently.
Table of Contents
With Trafft booking software, you can automate your bookings, keep your calendar organized, manage your services, employees, and customers, and handle payments – all within one powerful tool and at the same time get a healthy return on a relatively small investment.
Trafft can give you an even greater bonus if you offer your clients its white-labeled booking solution that can be customized to match your brand. Better yet, as Trafft automates and streamlines a client’s booking experience it will positively influence customer retention and employee loyalty.
Trafft operates from a single location and platform with –
- custom fields and domains that can be designed to fit in with a business’s brand.
- the ability to manage staffing assignments and schedules and client services at multiple locations.
- the ability to provide error-free scheduling of on-site or virtual appointments, group appointments, recurring appointments, and events.
- Stripe, PayPal, Mollie, or Authorize.net online payment applications.
- STMP and email notifications and reminders to clients.
Trafft integrates with multiple popular applications. Click on the banner to learn more.
You’re confronted with a massive amount of data from multiple sources and formats that needs to be organized and presented in a way that is attractive, easily understood, and maintainable by its viewers.
You may wish you were anywhere else, but there’s really no need to worry if you turn the problem over to wpDataTables, a feature-rich WordPress plugin that enables you manage data driven issues with ease.
With an intuitive interface to work with wpDataTables’ gives you the ability to –
- process data from a variety of sources and formats and create tables and charts that are informative, interactive, attractive, responsive, and easily editable.
- apply front-end editing and sorting, advanced filtering, AJAX loading, and conditional formatting to highlight the key data in tables and charts.
Click on the banner to learn more about this time-saving data management and display tool.
Amelia is a WordPress booking plugin that will automate your bookings, manage your schedules, streamline interactions with your customers, track your payments, and monitor your KPIs. Remarkably easy to set up and use, Amelia is designed for use by service-oriented businesses such as beauty parlors, health and fitness clubs, etc.
- Clients of those businesses can make online and manage appointment bookings 24/7.
- Clients are sent reminders via email, SMS, and WhatsApp to effectively reduce no-shows.
- Amelia can effectively manage a variety of single and group bookings and packages of services, including resource bookings that allow the sharing of services without overbooking.
- Clients make payments online via PayPal, Strip, Mollie, and Razorpay.
- Amelia features a dashboard that displays and summarizes business critical KPIs for business owners and managers.
Purchase this easy-to-set-up and use all-in-one WordPress booking plugin now and receive a discount of up to 40% off.
Brizy offers a White Label website building solution to create attractive, professional-looking websites without any need for coding.
As Brizy was created with agencies and resellers in mind, you can have your own scalable turnkey website building solution, resell it under your own brand, unlock more revenue, grow your business, and let Brizy do the heavy lifting for you.
- Simply replace the Brizy builder name, logo, and domain URL.
- Cloud hosting, SSL, CDN, and updates will continue to be managed by Brizy.
Your clients will access the platform on your custom domain. Doesn’t that sound like a winner?
TheDock is a WordPress editor for creating sharp-looking, performant websites that can be maintained by anyone, letting designers and developers focus on doing what they do best by allowing their clients to do the editing using the native WordPress UI.
Designers and developers benefit from –
- fast page loading and no need for short codes.
- TheDock’s auto-adjusting grid-based layout system and global UI components like buttons and typography.
- the use of built-in features rather than plugins that promote security and ease of maintenance.
You can take advantage of TheDock’s White-label theme if you wish.
The Uncode creative & WooCommerce WordPress theme’s 100,000+ sales make it one of the best-selling themes of all time on the Envato market.
Uncode makes it remarkably easy to build pixel-perfect high-performance WooCommerce websites with its –
- advanced drag & drop Product Builder, configurable Ajax product filters, wishlist support, variations swatches, and an imposing selection of shop layouts.
- 70+ carefully crafted mix and match pre-made designs.
- a Wireframes plugin that allows its users to import 500+ section templates suitable for landing pages or complete websites.
Mobirise shines when it comes to creating landing pages, simple web stores, and small to medium websites. It is also free to download and free to use for commercial as well as personal purposes.
With Mobirise you have the tools you need to create an awesome site in a matter of minutes. This easy-to-use website building tool features –
- a minimalistic easy-to-use interface
- the ability to use it offline, edit a site locally, and host it anywhere you wish.
- access to 7,600+ website themes, blocks, and templates.
- access to HTML.
Mobirise also excels as a prototyping tool.
8. What Font Is
Typical font identification applications are fine if you’re only concerned about finding a font that is like one you submit, and you’re not overly interested about where to find it and whether it is free or needs to be purchased.
But what if you want an exact identification of the font in question, and want to know how to go about acquiring it?
- WhatFontIs with its 840K font database and AI-powered font finder is what you need.
- WhatFontIs is 90% accurate, with the 10% misses usually due to the submittal of low-quality images.
Website illustrations help brands stand out. They can be amusing, informative, and engaging, and they can be used in website design, for presentations, or anywhere they can serve a purpose.
And they are here to stay!
- GetIllustrations gives you ready access to their library of more than 17,500 ready-to-use illustrations, with new illustrations added weekly.
- Each purchase comes with a one-year access period, is accompanied by a commercial use license, and unlimited usage is yours forever.
- Choose from a range of formats, including PNG, SVG, Ai, Figma, and Sketch.
Use coupon code: ULTIMATE30 to take advantage of the 30% discount.
Slider Revolution was the #1 best-selling WordPress slider plugin. Times have changed. Slider Revolution is now the #1 best-selling video slider WordPress plugin, and it has even more going for it.
In addition to being a video editor and embedder, Slider revolution –
- gives you more than 250 pre-built templates to work with.
- features cutting-edge website animations that even beginners find easy to work with.
- can make a website appear to have taken months of effort and many $$ to create.
You can build a gallery like most others do, or you can build one with Essential Grid, which just happens to be the best WordPress grid plugin for creating galleries capable of injecting new energy and vivacity into your websites.
Essential Grid makes it easy to do so with its –
- 50+ imaginative and easily customizable grid templates.
- even, masonry, and cobble layouts, mix and match grids, fast and responsive designs, and the ability to feed your grid-based gallery with social media content.
This aptly named multipurpose WordPress theme gives you a complete set of website-building tools, neatly wrapped in a single package, with so many options it will test your creativity to the limit. Building a website with Total is fast, easy, and enjoyable with its –
- advanced WPBakery page builder, customizable demos, and pre-built section templates.
- custom page builder settings plus a wide range of live Customizer options, typographic selections, and colors.
- Slider Revolution plugin that can be used to create truly awesome video sliders.
Pulsetic is a free website uptime monitoring tool that is designed to make monitoring your SaaS products simple, easy, and automatic. Pulsetic sends in a way that best suits your needs whenever your website experiences downtime.
- status badges give you a quick check on your site’s status.
- you can also create your own status page and create similar status pages and incident management reports for your visitors as a means of keeping them updated and informed.
Static.app is a one-click hosting solution for your static website. It features an online file management system that lets you edit, delete, clone, and copy files without having to leave your browser to do so. You can drag-and-drop an archive of any page (or an entire website for that matter) and Static.app will take care of the rest.
- an SSL certificate, code editor, forms, and media storage are included in one convenient place.
- When you override an existing file to make a change the new page(s) will instantly appear online.
Some analytics platforms are complicated to work with and so feature rich that they will analyze your website to death and give you far more information than you need.
Microanalytics.io, created and hosted in the EU, is a free privacy-focused alternative to Google Analytics that –
- let’s you see the data that’s important to your needs, and only that data.
- keeps everyone anonymous. Neither you nor your visitors are tracked, and your data is not shared with anyone else.
- Is fully compliant with GDPR, PECR, and CCPA.
That is how website analytics should be performed!
The Postcards app has everything you need to build and customize an email template. You’ll find that you can –
- create email templates 20 times faster, without design limitations or any need for coding skills.
- customize content with ease and without coding.
- customize and easily manage mobile versions of your email templates.
Postcards is just like Figma, but for building emails. You can use tools and shortcuts you already know.
Postcard’s feature-rich drag and drop email builder makes it easy to incorporate and display the latest design trends into your emails.
Siter.io is a no code website builder and web design tool for designers that allows them to create and publish websites by designing directly in the browser.
- You won’t have to spend extra time learning a new interface since the Siter.io interface is super-intuitive.
- Thousands of free icons are available ranging from social media links to cute decorations.
- You have access to a huge library of high-quality, royalty-free photos.
- io provides a Figma plugin that allows you to transform Figma designs into HTML websites without needing to code.
Use your own domain for your website or Siter.io’s and you can begin publishing immediately.
Unspam.email is an online email tester, spam checker, and deliverability test app that will analyze the main aspects of an email and lets you know immediately if a problem exists so you can remedy it quickly.
Unspam.email also –
- returns a spam score and provides a heat map of your email newsletter results.
- notifies you if your domain name or your IP address has been blacklisted.
- ensures your recipients can read your emails.
- checks for bad or broken links to help your emails avoid being caught in spam filters.
Absurd Design presents a new and very different style of visual perception for websites. This distinctive style is more human in that it charmingly combines absurdity with childishness in a way that can make a website totally engaging!
- Something done by hand is especially appealing because of its small or not-so-small imperfections as opposed to precise, pixel-perfect digital presentations.
- Absurd design offers free surrealist illustrations and art for your landing pages or presentations.
Try it and discover for yourself how using weirdness and absurdity can make sense.
Your own website visiting experiences have probably taught you how to avoid bad design practices and follow good ones in your website-building endeavors. It’s only natural then that you’d want to have the tools and web design resources on hand that make it easy for you to avoid the bad and do the good.
The 19 top tools and resources for 2023 listed in this article will save you the trouble of spending many hours of searching for tools and resources you feel you need to have and use.
Join The Logo Community
We hope you enjoyed these 15+ Indispensable Tools & Resources Every Web Designer and Agency Should Explore in 2023. If you would like more personal tips, advice, insights, and access to our community threads and other goodies, join me in our community. You can comment directly on posts and have a discussion.
*TIP – We use and recommend DesignCuts for all your fonts, mockups and design bundles.