Building a successful website takes a lot of time and effort, and in this article we are going to share 5 Elements of a Successful Website.
If you’re not ready to put in that effort, you can find a website for sale and buy it. But if you are, you need to know which elements every successful website needs to have.
There are over 1.74 billion websites on the internet and that number increases every day. Since there are so many websites, it gets harder every day to find success online, especially if you don’t have a well-built website. That is why you need to keep the following elements in mind when building your next website.
Table of Contents
Separate landing pages
While you’re building your website, there’s no room for laziness. A lot of people don’t want to build separate landing pages as that task is very time consuming, but a number of separate landing pages are an essential part of any good website.
The number of landing pages isn’t your only concern, you should also be thinking whether your website will be viewed locally or internationally. If you’re trying to target the international market in local languages, making landing pages local is a must.
Here are some of the reasons why landing pages are important:
- Lead generation. A successful website generates leads and converts them into customers, and you can do that with well-organized landing pages. If you send people to landing pages which are dedicated to a specific product or service instead of just focusing on the home page, the chances of them becoming customers increases.
- Collecting demographics. Before someone visits a landing page, they need to fill out a form. The information they give you through these forms is essential for prospect demographics. With it, you can create accurate customer profiles.
- Tracking data. You can track data from every landing page to see how engaged your prospects are with your website and how close they are to conversion.
- Leading visitors to a decision. An effective landing page doesn’t have any distractions such as links, navigation, and website maps. Its main purpose is to have a clear message and an obvious call to action that will lead visitors to the right decision – a purchase.
Good web design
An important thing you need to remember is that you’re not building the website for yourself – you’re building it for your website visitors. Your web design should reflect this and have elements that will satisfy every person who visits your website and make a great impression.
Some elements of good design include:
- Simple and easy navigation. If your homepage and landing pages aren’t easy to understand, customers will never reach your CTA. Keep navigation simple and minimalistic and avoid complex visuals. Keep the text easy to read so people can easily find what they are looking for.
- Proper layout. Website visitors won’t read everything on your landing pages, especially if you have a lot of text (which isn’t recommended). Instead, they will skim through the content until they find what they were looking for and mostly read bullet lists and the first two paragraphs. That is why you need to find a way to highlight the most important information with a good layout.
- A short loading time. Fast loading is an essential part of any successful website and 33% of customers have a negative impression of a company with a poor performing website. A slow-loading website can cost you a lot of visitors and revenue.
- Mobile-friendliness. Responsive and mobile-friendly design is a necessity for every modern website, as it’s possible to access the internet via a large number of devices. Your website needs to work flawlessly for both desktop and mobile visitors.
Every good marketer knows that the best kind of promotion comes from satisfied customers. There is no advertisement that can match a good customer review. That is why, if you want to have a successful website, you need to display customer testimonials.
No matter how good your sales pitch is, your customers don’t see you as a credible source of information on the product, as you are the one selling it. But if you use customer testimonials, the message will be more persuasive and credible, without even being a direct promotion.
Here is why customer testimonials should be an integral part of your website:
- Providing social proof. Your customers can’t be sure whether your product is as good as you say it is. That is why buyers need evidence that a business is trustworthy, and with thorough customer testimonials you can provide them with social proof that indicates how good your product is.
- Emotional persuasion. People don’t rely on their brain when making decisions, they rely on emotions. So, customer testimonials should focus on how customers feel about your product. If a testimonial says the product made them feel good, the person who is reading it will believe the product will make them feel good, too.
- Grabbing attention. Nothing can make a sale as efficiently as a good story. When potential customers see stories about people who managed to solve a problem or issue with your product, they become interested in the story. Good stories can be all-consuming, and good testimonials can make people see why your product is worth purchasing.
The main purpose of an FAQ page is to provide your website visitors with answers to frequently asked questions. But it’s also a great instrument that saves you and your customers time and effort, which results in a better experience.
To make this page, collect the answers your website visitors often ask and write out the answers on a convenient and easy-to-find FAQ page. Some of the reasons why you need a FAQ page include:
- Providing customers with the best possible experience.
- Giving customers access to information that will help them with their purchasing decisions.
- Boosting your SEO with carefully implemented keywords.
Content is one of the most important things on your website, as it provides your website visitors with answers to their questions, boosts your SEO and helps establish authority in your field. And the best way to provide your website visitors with content is through a blog.
According to 68.5% of consumers, a blog adds credibility to a website. But a blog won’t mean anything if you don’t have well-written articles and SEO-friendly content that resonates with your audiences, and also provides all the information they want and need.
Here are some tips on writing great blog articles:
- Explore every topic in-depth. Try to write in-depth content that your audiences are interested in so you can build trust between you and your readers. Aside from being well-written and researched, the articles also need to capture the reader’s attention by being entertaining and unique.
- Don’t over-promote. Nobody wants to read an article that only revolves around the product or service you’re selling. Instead, write content that is relevant to those products or services, and then mention them subtly.
- Create lead magnets. Lead magnets are freebies such as guides, ebooks, video training and other types of useful content you can offer to website visitors in exchange for their contact information.
- Include images. Images and visuals are an important part of any blog post, as they give the reader a break from the text and make it easier to read. Additionally, people’s desire to read content increases by 80% when they see coloured visuals, so images will bring more readers to your blog.
While it’s impossible to guarantee any website will be successful, it’s easy to pick out which ones have a higher chance of finding success when you look at their elements. Great websites all share similar aspects to one another, so all you need to do is follow the advice you’ve read about in this post and take inspiration from other websites to make a successful website yourself.
We hope you have found these 5 Elements of a Successful Website helpful, and be sure to leave your comments below as we love hearing from our readers.
Useful Links & Great Deals