In this article The Logo creative takes a look at Some of The Best and Worst Logo Redesigns presented on this infographic below
When the big brands decide to re-brand and change their logo it makes people take notice this is because the brands they trust are changing and they want to know. It’s very challenging for any brand to conciser a company re-brand i have been down that road a couple of times over the years with my other company, but the correct approach takes careful planning and research to land upon the perfect idea.
Usually a business will undergo a company re-brand and logo redesign if they are heading in a new direction or approach with their service model or product line. this can be challenging for the businesses especially the big brands as their are in most cases mixed reactions with customers of their loyal brand, when they re-brand with a worst version of their logo things go terrible, but when they create taht new iconic logo design that’s way more relevant than the old one people take even more notice and this can help the brand reach new heights.
The big famous brands update their logos quite frequently sometimes people don’t even notice the slight redesign that’s been applied and this can be an effective marketing strategy abut not every brand out there cane be successful with a new logo redesign and new visual identity as its challenging to hit the mark especially with the big well known brand names out there.
Before you take a look at the infographic below of Some of The Best and Worst Logo Redesigns here are a few things to bare in mind if your considering a logo and brand redesign:-
- Take out the goodness from your old logo and keep its best qualities in mind, and carefully look at your old logo to consider new ideas.
- Always strive for a simplistic and minimalist approach – I always say “Less is best, its just a question of what works”
- Think about your logo mark first then focus on your colour palette, what colours matter the most for your brands vision and direction.
- Its ok to follow logo design trends, but stick to the classic traditions as some trends go out of fashion very quickly!
- Using the correct fonts to make readability simple, no more than two fonts / typefaces keep it clean!
- Use symbols that convey a brand message or meaning this adds interest, its not always possible or relevant to have symbols in your logo design but its worth exploring that direction.
The Logo Creative is always here to help you if your considering a logo redesign to give it a fresh and more professional feel