All businesses want to boost their leads, increase conversions and sales, and get more profit. But not all of them actually realize that it is the power of their brand that gets all these things done.
Indeed, your brand and communication with your audience are extremely important for lead generation. Some big brands have flawless branding strategies that help with their consistency in generating more leads each year.
Take a look at some of these best lead generation strategies that will boost your leads and sales in 2019.
Optimize your website
Your audience associates your brand with your website, so the first thing you need to optimize is, without any doubt, your website.
Your website design is what makes the strongest impression on your audience, so you better make it impressive.
A website with great design will:
- have a good color palette
- show a strong character
- make your visitors associate pleasant emotions with it
- be memorable
- reuse content for consistency
- use the logo effectively
All these design details will contribute to your brand image as well as the message you want to convey.
Landing pages are crucial for lead generation and conversions. When you optimize your landing page, you will automatically decrease your bounce rate and increase your ROI.
To create a high-converting landing page, you need to have:
- a catchy headline
- attractive images or videos
- a great offer
- an irresistible call to action
Fix broken pages
A broken page can kill your lead generation like no other thing. Such an error can make your website visitors leave prematurely or not convert.
That is why you need to dig deep into your website and search for errors like:
- 404 pages
- broken links
- slow site speed
Optimize for mobile
You probably know that Google penalizes websites that are not optimized for mobile devices. In addition, if your website can’t load properly on a mobile phone or your font size is too small, you will lose a lot of leads and your brand will suffer.
But the real question is: Are you doing anything about it?
To fix this issue, try making your website more responsive or having a stand-alone website for mobile users. And if you want to go a step further, create a mobile app for your visitors to show how caring and professional you are.
No matter what some marketers may say, the power of SEO is still immense. No, search engine optimization is definitely not dead, and you can benefit from it in the following ways.
Target the right keywords
In each niche, there is a set of keywords that businesses target. With various tools available at your disposal, you can monitor competitors, discover keywords they already rank for, and optimize your website to rank for the same keywords.
Include your targeted keywords in your page’s title tag, create effective titles to get more clicks, write compelling meta descriptions, and you will see improvement in ranking very soon.
Your website needs backlinks to boost authority and ranking. When other relevant websites in your niche mention you and link to your content, your audience knows that you are not to be underestimated.
You can get more backlinks by:
- linking your website in your posts on social media like LinkedIn, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- posting content in high-authority article directories like GrowthHackers, Blog Engage, and other similar platforms
- outreaching to authority websites in your niche to see if they are interested in linking to your content or giving you a guest blogging opportunity
However, in order to get backlinks, you need to create high-quality content, which takes us to the next point.
The content you create says a lot about your brand. In a nutshell, it tells your story and connects with your audience, so you need to create it carefully.
Furthermore, you need to come up with a solid content marketing strategy that will reach through to your audience and get you featured on industry-relevant websites.
Your blog provides value to your brand because it helps your audience solve their problems and heal their pain points.
In modern marketing, you need to be the one who gives first and only then can you hope to get something in return from your customers. And your blog is the ideal place to start offering solutions to your audience.
Another way to offer something of value to your website visitors is to create lead magnets. Lead magnets are pieces of content that your customers can view, gate, or download in exchange for their email address or other contact information.
Lead magnets come in various forms:
- PDF guides
The key here is that your lead magnet offers a lot of useful information, providing added value to your visitors and enticing them to subscribe to your newsletter.
For a successful guest blogging strategy, you need to:
- make a list of non-competing websites in your niche that runs blogs
- research their audience and see how relevant they are for your product or service
- pitch them ideas relevant to their audience to increase your chances of getting featured
- when the website owner approves your topic, write a high-quality post that offers value to their readers
- make sure not to be too self-promotional and instead show the people that you are the expert on the topic you are writing about
Even though email marketing is the oldest form of what we know as the modern online marketing, it still shows great results. And great is an understatement because email is at the top of lead generation strategies, particularly in B2B marketing.
For a successful email marketing campaign, follow these tips:
- before everything else, know and understand your audience
- Send emails at the right time
- segment them by demographic, geographic, psychographic, niche, and product categories
- send emails regularly and consistently, but not too often
- keep your emails short and sweet
- help your readers in your emails
- don’t be too self-promotional
- make sure you personalize each email
- write compelling subject lines
- create a dedicated landing page for your email campaign (see previous tips)
- make sure you always use a lot of white space
- split-test your emails and repeat what works
- use automation tools to send your leads highly targeted and personalized emails
Even though paid advertising costs money, it is the most effective short-term marketing strategy. If you have just started your business, paid ads will help you generate more leads by showing your brand at the top of search results or in the news feed.
PPC (pay per click) advertising managed in Google AdWords can be a great initial boost to your business.
When you create custom ads, your products or services appear when certain search queries are entered. As the name suggests, you only pay when someone clicks your ad.
To attract high-quality traffic to your website, make sure you target keywords and queries with a high conversion intent.
Facebook and Instagram ads
Fortunately or unfortunately, we dedicate more and more of our time to social media like Facebook and Instagram. Whether this is a good or a bad thing, you can take advantage of it to reach a wider audience by paying these platforms to include your posts in users’ feeds.
This will help you get a great return on investment and high-quality leads in a relatively short time.
However, to do this, you need to have:
- detailed audience targeting
- great page placement
- a variety of calls for action
Social media is a perfect place to reach a wider audience and promote your brand. Also, social platforms should be an integral part of your content marketing strategy as well as search marketing.
The more quality followers you have, the more leads you can generate. And with an effective conversion strategy, you will definitely see this happen.
Final thoughts – Integrate everything
It is not easy to follow all these tips, let alone to implement them. If you find these strategies too complex, you can always outsource internet marketing to experts knowing that they will boost your lead generation.
As you can see, it is a long way to the top. If you really want to boost your lead generation, implementing only one or a couple of these strategies simply won’t work.
Instead, you need to integrate all the mentioned tactics in order to get the most out of your lead generation efforts.
Also, try to mix and experiment until you find the perfect recipe for the success of your business.
Finally, if you get a lot of leads for your business and don’t feel like running it any longer, you can always sell your website and repeat the process with another online business.
Useful Links & Great Deals
- The Equipment We Use & Recommend
- Quality Design Bundles
- Get 2 Months free Skillshare
- Get an Exclusive 20% off Logo Package Express
- Learn Logo Design Online
Marcus Svensson is responsible for the Growth of Albacross, a B2B lead generation platform, with previous experience as a founder and background in Mathematics from Stanford. Albacross is one of the top lead generation tools in Europe today and growing with hundreds of new companies every day.
Also published on Medium.