Pulling out a business card during a meeting shows professionalism and eagerness in creating further business relationships with a colleague. A business card serves as a valuable asset for an organization/ company and for every person practicing in their field of expertise. If you are seeking to promote yourself and your line of business, continuous giving of business cards should be done in an effective manner. To serve this purpose a lot of printing agencies help you deal with your work.
With the advent of technology in the industry, online business cards printing has made a huge break in the market. Business card printing within the online sphere allows you much more opportunity to pick and choose from countless options. This is due to the influx of technological advancement and the expertise of individuals who undertake your business card printing order. Simultaneously it makes more sense to order yours on the web today. The following section offers you to know the advantages of having a business card in your business sphere.
Advantages of having a Business Card
Some of the advantages of having a business card as an effective advertising tool. Let’s discuss in brief how can you reach out to your customers and thus promote your business:
- The greatest advantage of incorporating business cards is that they are compact in size and can be carried out with convenience. Carrying your business cards all the times enables you to reach out to your customers whenever and wherever needed.
- Business cards/ trading cards come at a reasonable price can incorporate an effective way to promote your business as other expensive business advertising strategies.
- It is discovered that people are less prone to throwing away the business cards than flyers, leaflets or brochures. Business cars seem to be with people for a longer duration that helps them to remember your business and services.
However, in order to make your business cards/ trading cards effective and impressive, it is important that you hold on to certain important elements:
Planning, Designing, and Card Printing
If you want your business card to showcase as an effective marketing tool, you need to ensure a few things into consideration while planning and designing your cards.
- It is better to engage a professional/expert designer to create your business cards. The only exceptions to this rule are if the person who needs the cards has enough outline aptitudes to make the cards themselves. An expert designer should also design other marketing collateral.
- Focus on the better point of interest (finer details) on your card. A logo is very important, it helps in identifying your business to the customers. So invest time and effort in designing your logo to influence and leave an impact on your customers. By assigning a professional designer to design the logo can carry out multiple tasks in your business and enables to give a professional look of your business.
- Always choose to print in quality, as a thin, flimsy card, pre-made, off the shelf design and small and unreadable texts leave a bad impression on your customers. Choosing the right design and colour for your business card is important and it can be a wise decision to choose a colour and design that reflects the theme and message of your business for people to pursue.
- Be proactive and hold your facts up to date. If any of your contacts or different information has been modified, don’t scratch out the information on the same card by feeding new. The card represents a positive image of the company or employees by briefly highlighting services or products provided by a company that helps you in getting additional revenue and allow the company to grow with a new and evolving customer base. So Throw away the old cards and have new, up to date ones printed.
- If possible hire a conceivable designer to help you out, as being professional they know what works and what not. In case you prefer an online business card printing service, make sure that you check their previous records before hiring them by having a look at their website for customer reviews, testimonials, and feedbacks. This will help you in preventing any future disappointment.
- Amplify the ease of your card. You are no longer constrained to just use the front of your business cards. Utilize the back of your card for more informational data. Remember that people often tend to write on business cards, so leaving some blank space at the back is a generally taken into account as a good idea.
- Be deliberate while choosing information to appear on the card. The name of the employee/ entrepreneur name needs to mentioned on the card. The company name using a logo, phone number, and email address all needs to be written in the card. If you have space then utilize it by adding a physical address, fax number, and most important the company’s website address. Do not clutter the design. Keep your business card simple and clean for people to have a good idea about your company.
- Try to include certain special features on your business/ trading card as it is highly beneficial and leaves a great impression on your customer. Using features such as UV coating, lamination, embossing, etc. gives an exclusive look and also distinguish them from other business cards.
While getting their printing done, people mostly focus on the elements that they should include on it, forgetting that there are certain important things that need to be erased to make business cards look professional. The following are the mistakes that should be avoided:
- Low-quality card – Avoid low-quality card. Your card must look good, feel sturdy and define what your business implies. Technology has made it more convenient and affordable than ever to have high-quality business cards designed and printed to grab the customer’s/ client’s attention at the same time making it look appealing.
- Do not overstuff your card – Don’t let your card be a mystery to everybody. Too much information on your card makes it look busy and totally unprofessional. Keeping it simple and attractive is the best. Your logo, your company name, your name, what you do, and why you should be preferred and your contact details; is all you require to mention on your card.
- Using small text – By using a small font, you can supply a lot of information, but what’s good if people can’t read it? An effective guideline is to use a type size no smaller than 7-8 point. Make your company name the largest and your name and contact number a bit larger than the rest.
- Not using colour vitals properly – Make sure that you use colour in your cards to brighten them and make them appealing. Avoid printing a dark colour or a darkish background or light colour on a light background, for instance, grey on white will make it look silver. It just doesn’t work. Pick those shades that promote your business efficaciously.
An effective marketing strategy that promotes your business:
How does it help you to have a box full of business cards if they can’t be used to market and promote your business?
Business cards with the right balance and information help a business owner to use his/her business marketing effectively and efficiently. This is because they would be able to use the card to create opportunities for discussions about the useful benefits of the products and services they offer, in a way that tends to impress a prospective client or customer who happens to be longing for such results.
- As in any competitive business market, the first and the foremost goal of any of your marketing tool is not information, it is to grab attention, and then provide information. Business cards are thus important.
- Always ensure that you carry your business/trading cards wherever you go. Hand a card to someone when appropriate, and while you are at it, don’t be hesitant to give out more than one. Invite people to pass the extras along to others who might need your service. You might be surprised to know how often this can result in a referral.
- Don’t be afraid to post your business card on public bulletin boards, in fact, stick them indoors or leave them in bowls for free drawings where your target audience might see them.
- Ask affiliated businesses to allow you to display cards, such as a hardware store if you’re a building contractor or a plumber.
- Capitalize on natural opportunities to hand them out when you’re talking about your business or when someone asks how to contact you.
Remember a well designed, professional looking business cards
are always picked up by the majority and stands out between other cards. Achievement is in the cards for those who have business cards that display the accurate meaning.