Have a page on Linkedin? Wondering how to use a Linkedin platform effectively? We have described all Linkedin features for you. So join us in this article as we discuss How to Use LinkedIn – Tips for Advanced LinkedIn Users.
How to Use Linkedin – Effective Tips for Job Seekers
Being a social network for business insiders and professionals, Linkedin helps to expand the network of business contacts, to learn the news of colleagues and the industry as a whole. Linkedin is also a good place to gather information about your skills, career path, and professional achievements.
In other words, a LinkedIn profile can easily become your portfolio and complement your resume. Besides, more and more often HR’s ask potential candidates to indicate a link to their Linkedin profile or search for it themselves. That is why the information that is indicated on your Linkedin page should be managed as responsibly as your profiles in other online social networks used for business purposes.
Why is Linkedin so important?
The importance of LinkedIn should not be underestimated: there are currently more than 400 million users from more than 200 countries registered on this social network. And every second, two more users are registered in it (according to LinkedIn statistics). The site is available in 24 languages and boasts of impressive traffic. With proper use of the Linkedin network, you can not only make useful contacts but also find a good job. If you cannot find an interesting vacancy on Linkedin today, then it is possible you come across it tomorrow – the network is constantly growing.
How to use Linkedin to find a job?
In any other social network or a resume sent directly to employers, you can write anything you like – overstate your experience or achievements. On LinkedIn, this information sounds more convincing for recruiters as everyone knows that both managers and colleagues have access to profiles. So, false information posted on Linkedin is dangerous for your current career and reputation.
Despite the fact that not all vacancies are posted on LinkedIn; nevertheless, Linkedin is one of the main employment platforms. If you have never used the site and are looking for effective ways to find interesting vacations that match your professional background, here are some solutions to you.
- Use the Linkedin Search button in the Jobs tab – just indicate the vacancy title and run the search.
- In the Linkedin timeline/ profiles of recruiters – in addition to published vacancies, recruiters and headhunters publish vacancies on their Linkedin pages. So check them!
- In dedicated groups – for example, in Procurement job groups (# 1 in Career, Recruitment, Headhunting, HR, Finance, Managers, Marketing & Trends), there are 91.5 thousand registered participants. And 3 thousand Linkedin users are registered for Retail Jobs UK. Business Support Network UK boasts of 19.9 thousand participants.
Use any of the above Linkedin channels (or all the three) when looking for positions to suit your projected career paths.
Do not neglect references on Linkedin
Until now, the sentence “References available upon request” was often written in CVs. Formally, it does not carry any meaning in itself. Those who need recommendations will request them, and those who do not need them will not pay attention to this statement. However, when it comes to Linkedin, you can effectively emphasize your experience sharing recommendations received from your former team leads, partners, clients, managers, etc. And your Linkedin will look much more convincing and more real. Do not have any recommendations to use for Linkedin? Ask professionals from WriteMyPaper4Me.org to write them.
Must-have’s of LinkedIn profiles
Nowadays, no one exchanges their business cards, sending friendship requests on Facebook is an unprofessional gesture. LinkedIn is the best place to keep new business contacts, explore potential employers, and go directly to a recruiter. Use the opportunity to look professionally appropriate. We do hope these reasons convince you to re-approach your Linkedin profile and get an excellent well-paid job using all the capabilities of the world’s largest professional network!
How to use LinkedIn with the maximum benefit?
Here are some recommendations that will make your use of Linkedin more effective:
- Post updates regularly – These can be useful links to other resources, links to your site or product, articles published by you, etc. But remember that LinkedIn is a network for professionals, so do not clutter up your timeline or fill it with unnecessary, non-topic information.
- Participate in discussions – Any article or status update implies the possibility of commenting. Use this excellent occasion to discuss the latest news with colleagues, to demonstrate your knowledge of the issue, to keep abreast of industry news, or make new acquaintances.
- Report career changes on Linkedin on time – Even if it seems to you that these are unimportant, it may turn out that a person will simply see that you quit your job or complete the project (LinkedIn sends notifications) and will send you a job offer.
Top 5 tips for creating an effective Linkedin profile
- Use recommendations – After a successful collaboration with a client/ employer, do not hesitate to ask satisfied customers or colleagues to leave feedback in your profile. This is a good sign for potential employers; use this great opportunity to showcase your benefits and strengths.
- Confirm the skills – All LinkedIn users’ profiles display a list of their skills. They can be confirmed by clicking the Explore button next to each. Make use of it: it takes only a couple of clicks and is considered a good practice to send a confirmation in response. This way, you will get activity on your page.
- Keep in touch – Be sure to respond to all personal messages and do not be afraid to initiate communication yourself. For example, if a recruiter or an HR of a company added you to the contacts, it makes sense to write a personal message to the one in order to get to know each other better, ask if any additional information is needed, etc. Even if there is no immediate proposal for cooperation, you will be noticed and remembered.
In order to create a connection with your potential employers, make sure that the Linkedin summary block is not empty – produce outstanding content for it. Also, use the mobile app to always have access to the platform and be able to reply immediately. We hope this article about How to Use LinkedIn – Tips for Advanced LinkedIn Users has been helpful, and be sure to leave you comments below.
Useful Links & Great Deals
- The Equipment We Use & Recommend
- Quality Design Bundles
- Get 2 Months free Skillshare
- Get an Exclusive 20% off Logo Package Express
- Learn Logo Design Online
Also published on Medium.