Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a valuable tool that every business owner must include in their digital marketing campaign. This process entails enhancing each component of your website to ensure that it’s visible to your target audience through search platforms. In this article we discuss How Backlinks Help With Your Brand’s Long Term SEO.
Two primary elements are used by search engines to navigate millions of sites on the World Wide Web. First, search bots use keywords to understand the content of a page.
With this information, it can deliver accurate and relevant results to user queries.
Meanwhile, links are the second component that can help with your brand’s long-term SEO. These are utilized by search bots to discover new pages and add them to their index.
Hyperlinks are valuable to boost the visibility of your recently published blog posts since search engines can only reach them through these connections, whether sourced internally or externally.
Backlinks, specifically, play a significant role in your SEO. These are a type of link that come from third-party websites directing traffic into your domain.
Here are the top three reasons why you should acquire backlinks:
Table of Contents
1. Improve Your Rank
Search engines use backlinks as a ranking factor. This is because the latter is considered an indicator of your content’s quality. They are seen as votes of confidence on the information that’s published by a website.
Once you acquire several backlinks, Google and Bing will notice your domain. Plus, they’ll see it as a brand worthy of a top spot in the search engine results page (SERPs) for relevant queries.
Of course, you still have to be careful about the sources of your backlinks. Inbound links, as they’re also known, which come from high-authority websites, have a weightier vote compared to those from unknown sites.
Use a backlink checker to determine where your inbound links are coming from. You can also utilize this tool to view the backlink profiles of your SEO competitors.
This way, you may find websites that link to them but not to your domain.
2. Build Your Credibility
As mentioned above, backlinks are deemed as votes of confidence on a website’s quality. These stamps of approval not only improve your rank in the SERPs but also boosts the perception of human users of your brand.
When people see your website outside of search engines, and apart from your social media profiles, they will see that your domain is, indeed, a reliable source of industry information.
Think of it as word-of-mouth advertising for your blog, which is more effective because the promotion comes from other sources, not just yourself.
Some ways to build your credibility through link building:
- Publish High-Quality Content – Before you reach out to other websites for a link-building opportunity, make sure that the content you produce is backlink-worthy. This means creating well-researched blog posts, comprehensive infographics, and engaging videos to make web users want to link back to your resources.
- Write a Testimonial – You may already be using tools that are relevant to your industry. You can build your credibility by writing testimonials on products and services that have supported your brand’s day-to-day operations. This way, you can earn backlinks while helping similar businesses in your community.
- Find Broken Links – Another means of supporting your niche is to look for broken links from other websites. This technique can provide you with a backlink opportunity because you can replace the missing pages with your own content. To avoid this type of inconvenience in your domain, make sure to conduct a site audit regularly.
3. Introducing Your Brand to a New Audience
Guest posting is another well-known link-building strategy that you should employ to boost your SEO. T
his technique entails writing articles for other sites while incorporating your backlinks into the content.
Writing a guest post is an excellent way to increase traffic to your website. In line with this, the process introduces your brand to a new audience.
You can promote your products and services to the follower base of the referring domain.
Guest blogging is an effective option since these readers have already expressed interest in the niche by subscribing to the publishing blog.
This increases the chance of conversion. Just make sure that you provide them with the same high-quality content.
This tactic allows you to lay down a solid foundation for your long-term SEO. When you’ve established yourself as an authority figure in your industry, you won’t need to reach out for link-building opportunities.
People will be the ones to approach you and ask for you to collaborate with them.
Some tips to help you create an effective guest post campaign:
- Find Relevant Guest Post Sources – When looking for guest post opportunities, you should prioritize blogs in your niche. This is because these sites have successfully established a following of interested people, who can easily convert into paying customers. A quick search using your target keywords and the phrases “write for us” or “submit a guest post” can help you jumpstart your campaign.
- Be Picky about Domain Authority – Nonetheless, you shouldn’t just reach out to the blogs in your list willy-nilly. You have to filter them according to their authority and trustworthiness and prioritize the ones with the most link juice. After all, it wouldn’t help your SEO so much if you published a guest post with a website that hasn’t built its reputation as a leader in your industry and acquired a substantial audience.
- Focus on Quality but Be Yourself – If you’ve set high editorial standards on your blog, you should be more stringent when writing guest posts. Ensure that you submit your best work to make the publishing domain’s readers want to learn more about your brand. However, don’t be afraid to impart your unique perspective and style, as this can set you apart from other writers.
- Incorporate your Link Strategically – While the primary goal of guest blogging is to publish your backlinks, you should still incorporate your anchor text as naturally as possible into the content. Context is a crucial factor for search engines. That’s why you should be strategic when creating a guest post, especially when it comes to the location of your link.
Backlinks remain a significant ranking factor used by search engines. These links are used to determine the quality of a website’s content.
If you want to build your long-term SEO, you should acquire backlinks from high-authority sites as their credibility can rub off on you and introduce your brand to a new set of potential customers.
Join The Logo Community
We hope this article has answered the question of How Backlinks Help With Your Brand’s Long Term SEO.
If you would like more personal tips, advice, insights, and access to our community threads and other goodies, join us in our community.
Learn from our Founder Andrew who personally writes our community newsletter. You can also comment directly on posts and have a discussion.
*TIP – We recommend Skillshare to learn online. There are tons of classes for everything including graphic design, web design, marketing, branding and business related courses. Get a free trial with our link and you won’t regret it Trust us!